The invention of barrier free handrail makes it more convenient for the disabled and the elderly to use it. The excellent design allows users to instantly experience humanistic care. Do you need barrier free handrails in the design of nursing homes? How to use it? Let's take a look at the relevant knowledge right away.
Handrail size and specification requirements
1. The height of barrier free single-layer handrail shall be 850mm--900mm, the height of upper handrail of barrier free double-layer handrail shall be 850mm-900mm, and the height of lower handrail shall be 650mm-700mm;
2. Barrier free handrails shall be kept continuous, and the starting point and end point of barrier free handrails close to the wall shall extend horizontally for a length of not less than 300mm;
3. The end of barrier free handrail should turn inward to the wall or extend downward not less than 100mm;
4. The distance between the inner side of barrier free handrail and the wall shall not be less than 40mm;
5. The barrier free handrail is round and easy to grasp, with a diameter of 35mm.
Specification for installation of toilet handrails
1. A safety grab bar should be set 50mm from both sides and the front edge of the wash basin;
2. Safety grab bars with width of 0.60-0.70m and height of 1.20m shall be set on both sides and above the urinal;
3. The height of the toilet is 0.45M, and a horizontal grab bar with a height of 0.70M should be set on both sides, and a vertical grab bar with a height of 1.40M should be set on one side of the wall;
4. The diameter of barrier free handrail shall be 30-40mm;
5. The inner side of barrier free handrail shall be 40mm away from the wall;
6. The grab bar should be firmly installed.
Precautions for toilet handrail
The handrail installed next to the toilet is mainly for people to be able to hold it when convenient. According to the normal body, if the height of the toilet is about 40 cm, the handrail height is between 50 cm and 60 cm, and the suitable height for the disabled and the elderly is generally between 65 cm and 80 cm.
When using the bathtub for bathing, it is inevitable that sometimes the bathtub water will overflow on the ground, causing the ground to be wet. When the bathroom tiles are stained with water, it is very slippery. It is difficult for young people to ensure that they will not fall down, not to mention the old, weak, sick and disabled, which is very easy to cause slips and other accidents.
Therefore, installing a handrail in a convenient place of the bathtub can prevent falls and facilitate them to make an emergency response in case of a situation. There is no standard for the height of barrier free handrails in the bathroom. Try to choose the specific location and height according to the needs of family members, and the bathtub orientation is more appropriate.
Jinan barrier free armrest Xiaobian believes that if there is no bathtub and only a shower room, it is recommended to install stainless steel barrier free armrest on the side of the shower head. Although the bathroom floor is generally treated with anti-skid treatment, the installation of armrest can double the sense of security of the family. If possible, it is better to set a stool with appropriate height next to it to double the sense of security.
In a word, the bathroom is a place that is used frequently and prone to accidents at home. We must take preventive measures. For more relevant knowledge, please continue to follow our website http://www.jnndjc.com In the follow-up, we will show you more wonderful content.